The books are from my own collection, so I only have one copy of each. My web site at www.soccerdata.com will have an up-to-date list of unsold titles. The condition of each book is generally good unless otherwise stated. Please note that the prices quoted do not include postage. Contact me first by e-mail, phone or letter with the item numbers to see if they are still available, and I will quote you the postage at cost, by Royal Mail or Hermes.
Tony Brown, 4 Adrian Close, Toton, Nottingham NG9 6FL. email@example.com. 0115 973 6086.
101. Rejected FC of Scotland by Dave Twydell. A three-volume hardback history of ex-Scottish league clubs. 1992. £15 the three.
102. The Scottish Football Hall of Fame by John Kearney published by Mainstream 1998. Hardback. Biographies of leading Scottish players. £5
104. The Story of Celtic, an official history 1888 to 1978 by Gerald McNee. Hardback from publisher Stanley Paul. No dust jacket. Narrative account. £10
105. Hearts in Art by Andrew Hogg published by Mainstream 1995. Pencil sketches of Hearts players with their career records. £6
106. Rangers: the New Era by William Allison. Published by Rangers in 1966 or thereabouts, no dust jacket, hardback. £10
107. Celtic a Century with Honour: the official centenary history by Brian Wilson. Hardback. £5
108. Rangers v Celtic the great derbies 1949 to 1989: a personal look at the Glasgow derby by Archie Macpherson. Published by BBC books 1989. Hardback £3
109. The Glory and the Dream: the History of Celtic 1887 to 1986 by Tom Campbell and Pat Woods. Mainstream Publishing 1986. Paperback, 477 pages. £10
110. Glasgow's Giants Hundred Years of the Old Firm by Bill Murray. Published by Mainstream 1988. Hardback, 224 pages £3
111. Old Firm Games: a complete record of all the Old Firm matches since World War II. Canongate 1995. Has extracts from the Glasgow Herald. Illustrated large format paperback 240 pages. £4
112. Juniors Hundred Years; A centenary history of Scottish junior football by David McGlone. Mainstream 1987. Paperback, 315 pages, £4
151.The Day Italian Football Died: Torino the Tragedy of Superga. By Alexandra Manna and Mike Gibbs. Breedon Books, hardback, 2000. £10
152. European Football, a fans handbook. A Rough Guide (updated for the 1998-99 season), paperback. £2
153 Football in Europe 1990- 91 by David Clayton and Jan Blewett, published by Soccer Books. Results and tables from European countries for the 1990-91 season. Paperback. £5
154. Barca, a People's Passion by Jimmy Burns, published by Bloomsbury 1999. Narrative account of the growth of Barcelona FC. Hardback, 366 pages. £5
156. Champions of Europe by Brian Glanville. Guinness 1991. Hardback. £3
158. Nove Volte Genoa; the Italian campaign of 1923-24. This book is in Italian. 114 pages paperback. £5
170. An Entirely Different Game: the British influence on Brazilian football by Aidan Hamilton, Mainstream
171. The Encyclopaedia of World Cup Soccer by Orlando Doarte published in the US Macro Books in 1994. An American perspective on the World Cups up to 1994. Match details and narrative accounts. Large format paperback. £4
173. An AB-Z of world football by Maurice Golesworthy and Roger Macdonald. Pelham Books 1966. Records of the major clubs. Dust jacket tatty. Hardback. £3
175. World Cup complete history by Terry Crouch published by Aurum, 2002. Includes the 2002 World Cup qualifiers but not the finals. 502 pages. £2
200. Football in Sun and shadow by Eduardo Galleano translated by Mark Fry. Published by Fourth Estate 1997. Hardback. A classic account of World Cup football by an author from Uruguay. £5
201. A Century of Soccer by Terry Delaney, Sportsmans Book Club edition 1965. Hardback £3
202. Golden Age of Football by Peter Jeffs. Breedon Books 1991, Seasons 1946-47 to 1952 in narrative form with biographies of leading players and managers. Hardback, £3.
203. Soccer, a volume in the British sports past and present series, by Denzil Batchelor. Batsford 1954. A classic account of the origins and development of football. Hardback £4
204. A History of Football published by Martin Secker and Warburg 1954. By Maurice Marples. Hardback. Another classic account of the development of English football. £4
205. A History of Football by Douglas Gardner. This is a small pocket-sized book was produced by the publishers of Rothmans Yearbook. Nicely bound with gold lettering is a small pocket sized book hardback with the Rothmans logo on the cover. £5
206. Caxton’s four volume set of Association Football, edited by HH Fabian and Geoffrey Green. Published August 1961. The books were written by prominent football writers of the day. The four volumes are nicely bound hardbacks with gilt lettering on the spine and provide a comprehensive record of the game. £20 the four.
208. Association Football by RT Hesford. Pitman 1950. Hardback, no dust jacket. An account of the game’s development. £5.
223. 50 Years of FA Cup finals 1883 to 1932. Facsimile edition published by Soccer Books. This is a facsimile edition of the 1932 edition covering finals up to that year. Paperback £5
224. The Official History of the FA Cup by Geoffrey Green. Naldrett Press 1949. Hardback in average condition, but provides a good reading copy. £4
225. Pictorial Record of the FA Cup. Paperback brochure produced in 1948. £3
300. Andrew Ward Soccer’s Strangest Matches published by Robson books 1989 and still in print I believe. Paperback £2
301. The Guinness Book of Soccer Firsts by John Robinson published 1986 paperback. £1
302. Only the Goalkeeper to Beat by Frances Hodgson published McMillan 1998: all you need to know about goalkeepers. Hardback 375 pages. £5
303. The definitive guide to betting on football by Kevin Pullein. Paperback, 58 pages, by the Racing Post football correspondent. £1
304. The Giantkillers by Brian Butler published by Pelham books. Hardback. The story of giantkilling acts in the FA Cup. £3
306. England v Scotland by Brian James published by the Sportsman's Book Club 1970. Narrative account of these games. Hardback. £2
307. Football Lexicon by Lee and Woodhouse published by the Leander Press 2004: a dictionary of football. Hardback. £3
308. Soccer the English Way edited by Kenneth Wheeler. Published by Cassell 1967 articles by Ray Wilson and other members of the 1966 World Cup winning squad. Aimed at the younger players. £2
309. How they Stole the Game: an early account of FIFA by David Yallop published by Poetic Publishing 1999. Hardback £4
310. The Observer Book of Soccer: an anthology of the best soccer writing. Edited and compiled by Tony Pawson. Published by the Observer in 1989, with articles from the newspaper. Hardback; £5
311. England their England, the definitive story of foreign footballers in the English game since 1888 by Nick Harris. This copy dedicated to me by the author. Published by Pitch Publishing 2003. Hardback £5.
312. Football Business; the fair game in the 90s? by David Conn published by Mainstream 1997. The Guardian journalist’s account of the transformation of English football from 1989 onwards. Hardback. £3
313. The Art of Refereeing; techniques and advice for every soccer referee. Robert Evans and Edward Pelion, A&C Black 2005. Paperback 316 pages. £3
314. Curiosities of Football by Jonathan Rice. Pavilion Books 1996, hardback. £2
318. The Football Programme; a history and guide. John Litster 2000. Tempus. Paperback. £4
319. The Guinness Book of League Football Grounds by Jon Ladd. A guide for the travelling fan, dated 1994 but not actually published! The book was withdrawn by the publisher because of concern over some of the statements made by the author. A subsequent revised edition was published. So this copy is a rare survivor of the publishing trade. Collectors item £15.
321. The Breedon Book of Premiership Records by Brian Beard. 2004 hardback in good condition. A month by month account, £5
322. Gambling on Goals by Graham Sharpe. A century of football betting. Mainstream 1997 hardback. £3
323. Football's greatest heroes: the National Football Museum Hall of Fame by Robert Galvin. 1st edition 2005. Large format hardback. Many colour illustrations from the holdings of the NFM. £10
324. England the Alf Ramsey Years, with replica souvenirs including a facsimile of the 1966 World Cup programme. £10
325. Texaco Grandstand Volume 1 for Division One this is a sponsor’s brochure produced in 1970, allocating two pages to each club’s details. £1
327. The Guinness book of football blunders by Chris Freddie published 1996 paperback £2
328. Football Grounds of Great Britain by Simon Inglis. this is a 1987 edition published by Willow books, paperback, 368 pages. £3
329. The Hamlyn Guide to Football Collectables by Duncan Chilcott, 1995. Gives values for items as at the time of publication. £2
330. The History of the Football Association published by the Naldrett Press 1953. Written by Geoffrey Green. Gives an authoritative account of the development of the Football Association 692 pages. Hardback though not in the best of condition, but a valuable resource for the student of the game. £10.
331. GB United: British Olympic football and the end of the amateur dream, by Steve Menory. Published by Pitch, 2010. Ex-library copy but in good condition. £3
332. Football League Jubilee book compiled by Ivan Sharpe. Stanley Paul 1963. Hardback, with tatty dust jacket. £3
334. Football all around the world by RB Alaway, 1948. An amateur football (Middlesex Wanderers) recalls his life in football. £3
400. A set of four bound volumes of the Football League Review, nicely bound as hardbacks in blue covers. The volumes are for seasons 1970-71. 1971-72, 1972-73, 1973-74. A worthy addition to your bookcase. £30 the four.
Association of Football Statisticians
420. AFS record of Scottish League Football published 1988. Results and tables for seasons up to 1986-87. Paperback. £5
421. The AFS record of the Scottish Cup 1873 to 1986 by John Byrne. Dates, attendances, results to 1985-86. Paperback. £5
423. Record of League of Ireland football 1921-22 to 1984-85 by Niall McSweeney. Paperback. £3
424. Three volumes of the AFS Football League Cup lineups booklets. They are part three (covering 1973 to 1978) part four (1979 to 1981) part five (1982 to 1984). £5 the three.
425. The AFS Who's Who of Scottish internationalists 1872 to 1982 consists of four stapled booklets produced by Doug Laming in an attractive slipcase. £10
426. Scottish Football League Cup 1940 to 1984. Dates, half times, results. Five volume in a dark blue binder. £10
428. The AFS Pinnace Collection. Reproductions of the 2,462 photos of this unique set of cards issued in the 1920s. Paperback, large format. £10
429. The Ultimate FA Cup statistics book, written by me, and published by the AFS 1994. Please note that more recent editions have been published. Mint copy, newly discovered on my shelving! £5
500. 25 years of UEFA. Published by UEFA, on the occasion of its 25th anniversary in 1979. This is a presentation copy hardback in a slipcase, given to Nottingham Forest. Illustrated with lots of pictures of worthy committeemen before getting to the more interesting pages of European champions in the major UEFA competition. Well illustrated with black and white photographs. 284 pages. Mint condition. £35
501. 50 years of European Club Football. Large format hardback in a slipcase, published by UEFA to commemorate 50 years of European Champion clubs. A tribute to players and coaches, referees and officials. Many illustrations include action photos and programme covers. 252 pages £25
521. Playfair Non-league football annual 1991-92. Paperback published by Arnold edited by Bruce Smith. £1
522. Sport Football Yearbook 1950. The Blue Book of soccer. Gives line-ups and scorers for League games in 1949-50. This copy has a loose cover but the pages are complete. £1
523. NEP (Nottingham Evening Post Football Guide) 1950-51. £3
528. Statistical Review of the Ryman Football League 1997-98 by Mike Wilson. Paperback. £1
529. Playfair Football Annual 1963-64 £1
530. Playfair Football Annual 1964-65 £1
531. Empire News and Sunday Chronicle Football Annual 1960-61. Front cover missing. £1
532. Empire News and Sunday Chronicle Football Annual 1957-58 £1
533. Empire News and Sunday Chronicle Football Annual 1958-59 £1
534. News of the World Football Annual 1967-68 £1
535. News Chronicle Football Annual 1939-40. Front cover loose. Rather tatty but complete. £1
537. The Daily Mail football guide 1962-63. £1
540. Playfair football annual 1963-64. £1
541. The Eagle football annual 1963. Longacre Press in 1962. Slightly tatty cover, so perhaps of sentimental value only. £2
542. Charles Buchan soccer gift book 1954-55. Hardback 160 pages, no dust jacket. Extracts from the magazines published in 1954. Tired condition. £4
601. The Romance of the Wednesday1867-1926 by Richard Sparling. Published 1926 (original copy, not the facsimile). Stitching a little loose, and the outer cover of the spine is missing. Dealers want well over £150 for this book, but in view of the damaged cover I think £50 is a reasonable ask.
602. Plymouth Argyle: All About Argyle 1903 to 1963: 60 years of history and records by WS Tonkin. Paperback 128 pages. £15
604. We only sing when we're fishing: Grimsby Town the official history 1878-2000 by Dave Wherry. Yore Publications 2000, first edition. Hardback £5.
605. Champions: Manchester City 1967-68 by Phil Goldstone and David Saffer published 2005 by Tempus, Reports from their championship winning season. Paperback. £3
606. Manchester United Who's Who 1945 to 1985 by Tony Matthews. Paperback. £2
607. Manchester United pictorial history and club record by Charles Zahra, Joseph Muscat, Ian McCartney, Keith Mellor, published by Temple Press in a limited edition in which this is number 726. An illustrated record of the club. Hardback. £10
608. There's Only One United by Geoffrey Green. The official centenary history of Manchester United; paperback copy showing some signs of age. £2
609. Manchester United in Europe by Ken Ferris. Mainstream 2001 paperback edition 446 pages. £4
610. The Pools: Hartlepool United's 1968 and 1991 promotion triumphs by Neil Watson and Roy Kelly published 1991 illustrated paperback, £4
611. Football in London by David Prole Robson Hale Ltd 1964. Accounts of the London clubs hardback slightly torn cover. £3
613. Preston North End Football Club: Hundred Years in the Football League by Dave Russell. Illustrated paperback of 54 pages, £3
614. Swansea Town/City 1912 to 1982 by David Farmer signed copy published by LM books 1982. First narrative account of the Swans history. Hardback. £10
615. Sunderland's number ones from Roker to Wearmouth by Rob Mason. Northdown Publishing 1999. Illustrated biographies of Sunderland's goalkeepers. £1
616. Football in Sheffield by Percy Young by Stanley Paul 1962. Hardback, no dust jacket. Percy Young's classic account of the Sheffield clubs. £3
618. Fulham: the number ones. A century of Cottage keepers by Chris Mason. Northdown 1998. Illustrated biographies of Fulham's goalkeepers. £1
620. Chasing Glory, the story of Association football in Keighley by Rob Grillo, and a second volume Glory Denied. Both paperbacks, Empire Publications 1997. £4 the two.
621. Brentford 50 memorable matches 1946 to 2010 by Dave Twydell. Hardback. £3
622. Brentford 1989 to 1999 10 traumatic years by Dave Twydell and Mark Chapman, Yore Publications 1999 hardback. £3
623. The Gent look of Bantam Progressivism Old Millennium Edition. An alternative view on Bradford city 1984 to 1999 published by Password Press 1999. Extracts from the City Gent fanzine. £4
625. Bolton Wanderers by Percy Young Sportsman's Book Club edition 1961. A classic account of the club's history, hardback. £3
626. Blackpool football official club history by Robin Daniels published by Robert Hale 1972 hardback. £4
627. Blackpool the glory years remembered by Mike Prestage. Breedon Books 2000.
628. The unofficial biography of Liverpool by David Prole, 1996. Paperback. £2
630. Crewe Alex Match by Match: A new Century by Marco Crisp. Paperback. An update of the first Match by Match book, which covers WWII and seasons 1997-98 to 2004-05. £2
631. Keep Right On: Celebrating 100 years (of Birmingham City) at St Andrews. Hyder Jawad 2006. Large format hardback. £5
633. We are the Champions. Manchester United's 1992-93 season told by newspaper reports. Paperback. £4
634. The Gills, by Tony Conway Hardback published 1980. Hardback, 90 pages, well illustrated. £5
635. The Book of Derby County. Breedon Books 1994. Large format illustrated hardback. This is a ex-library copy in clean condition. £4
637. Highbury: the story of Arsenal stadium by Bruce Smith. Paperback published 2006 Narrative account of Highbury. £4
641. Barnsley a study in football 1953 to 59 by Ian Alister and Andrew Ward. 170 pages. Paperback. £10
642. The Reds a pictorial history of Barnsley football club by Granville Firth published by EP publishing 1980 paperback. £5
643. An A-Z of Aldershot town FC, the Phoenix has Risen by Pete Stanford. Breedon Books 2008. Biographies of players from 1992 onwards. £8
700. Bobby Charlton my life in football illustrated edition large format hardback by headline 2009 excellent photographic record of Charlton's career 282 pages, £5
701. King John the autobiography of John Charles by Harris 2003. Published by Headline: hardback, £3
702. Sir Bobby Robson Living the Game, signed by Bobby on the cover. Paperback, £3
703. Quite simply a flash of genius; the life and times of the Northampton Town legend Tommy Fowler by Frank Grande. Paperback, 170 pages £5
704. Golden boy; a biography of Wilf Mannion by Nick Farley. Aurum Press 1997 hardback, £5
705. Bobby Moore tribute the illustrated biography of a football legend edited by David Emery of the Daily Express. Published 1993. £3
706. The Wizard of the Wing: the life of Stanley Matthews by John Henderson. Published by Yellow Jersey Press 2013 hardback. £6
707. Duncan Edwards biography by Ian McCartney and Rory Kavanagh published by Temple Press 1988; this edition reprinted 1999. Paperback 96 pages. £5
708. The Trouser People by Andrew Marshall. A biography of the Victorian footballer George Scott, who introduced Burma to the Empire's game. Published by Viking 2002 Hardback £5
709. Geoff Hurst 1966 and all that. Published by Headline 2001. This copy signed by the Hurst. Hardback. £15
710. A Man for all Seasons: A Peter Shilton tribute by Brian Horsnell published by the author in 1997. Shilton's career record in 28 pages. £2
800. A complete set of 17 Gamages Football Annuals on CD Roms, each one of which contains the 500 or so pages of the Gamages annual for that season. As with today’s yearbooks, the title year of one book covers the results of the previous season. Produced by CD Archives who no longer trade, but I can help if you have any difficulty in using the discs. They are compatible with Windows 95 onwards, for IBM pc type computers (but might also work on Macs). A user-friendly interface is provided, but each page is a .jpg or .pdf, so they can also be viewed by the software of your choice. The seasons are 1909-10 to 1914-15 and 1919-20 to 1929-30. (The annual for 1919-20 covers the 1914-15 season.) £120.
801. A set of 5 CD Roms which each contain the pages from The Football Annual. They are the issues dated 1885, 1886, 1888, 1892 and 1895. £40.